We understand the importance of keeping any information that you give us secure and being transparent at all times about the way we use any such information.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us when you use our services. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
What data we collect from you will depend on what use you make of our services.
- The following definitions will be used throughout this document.
- “Appointment” means a Clinic Visit.
- “Appointment Fees” means the fee payable by you for Medical Services.
- “Clinic Visit” means an appointment with a Doctap GP at a Doctap Clinic for the purpose of providing a non-emergency medical consultation;
- “Doctap” means the online platform and any associated applications provided by us to you under the trading name, ‘Doctap’.
- “Doctap GPs” means a GP registered with Doctap.
- “GP” means means a general practitioner.
- “Medical Services” means the medical services provided to a Patient by a Doctap GP during an Appointment.
- “Patient” means the person designated as such in your Booking, who requires a consultation with a Doctap GP.
- “Booking” means a request by you for an Appointment.
- “User” means a person who has signed up to Doctap to receive Appointments
- “User Account” means the account set up by a User in order to use Doctap.
- A reference to a particular law is a reference to it as it is in force for the time being, taking account of any amendment, extension, application or re-enactment and includes any subordinate legislation for the time being in force made under it. References to “including” and “include(s)” shall be deemed to mean respectively, “including without limitation” and “include(s) without limitation".
2. INFORMATION THAT MAY BE COLLECTED ABOUT YOU WHEN YOU USE DOCTAP
- We may collect and process the following data about you, some of which will include “personal data” and/or “sensitive personal data” as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998 as amended(the “Act”):
- information you provide us when you set up a User Account, including your name and contact details and the name and contact details of any Patient (if you are not the Patient), we may also ask you for details about the Patient’s usual GP (any such details, “User Details”);
- information you provide us when you submit a Booking, including your name, your home address, the symptoms of the Patient and your financial details (any such details, “Booking Details”);
- Doctap will not store your payment card details. DocTap works with Stripe, one of the world’s leading payment card handling providers. When you make a Booking with DocTap a secure payment token is provided to Doctap. DocTap is not able to access payment card information. Both DocTap and our card processing partners are PCI DSS compliant.
- information provided to a GP during an Appointment, including details of the Patient’s medical history and current medical condition (any such details, “Medical Details”);
- details of the transactions you carry out on Doctap, including the amount paid by you in GP Fees;
- details of your use of Doctap (including, but not limited to traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data) and the resources that you access; and
- any other information you may provide from time to time in relation to any customer surveys we may ask you to carry out.
3. USES WE MAY MAKE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- to carry out our obligations (in accordance with our Terms) arising from your use of Doctap. This may include contacting you by email and telephone on matters relating to your appointment;
- for the purposes of resolving any disputes which may arise in respect of the provision of Doctap;
- to notify you about changes to Doctap.
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
4. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
- If you make a Booking, we will disclose your Booking Details to Doctap GPs.
- Doctap GPs will only be authorised by us to use your Booking Details for the following purposes:
- to provide you with an Appointment (which may include recording and saving attendance notes “Consultation Notes”);
- for the purpose of resolving any dispute between you and them in relation to any Appointment; and
- as required by law and/or other relevant regulations.
- Details of the Consultation Note may be stored by Doctap, and may be made available to any Doctap GP allocated to your Booking.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties for the following purposes:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your details to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets, solely for the purpose of the sale or purchase. We will never sell your personal data as a sole asset;
- if we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case, personal data held by us about you may be one of the transferred assets;
- INFORMATION DISCLOSED TO GPs
- INFORMATION DISCLOSED TO OTHER PARTIES
5. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- We would advise you not to include sensitive personal information in any emails you may send to us.
- Please do not send credit card numbers or any sensitive personal information to us via email.
- The data that we collect from you (or which is stored on Doctap) will not be transferred to or stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
- We will take precautions, including administrative, technical and physical measures to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, misuse, as well as unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. However, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure; any transmission is at your own risk.
- You can help us by also taking precautions to protect your personal data when you are on the internet. For instance:
6. YOUR RIGHTS
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. If you wish to withdraw your consent, please notify us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You have the right to access information which we hold about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act, and you can contact us at our registered address as given above. Any access request may be subject to a fee to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
- You also have the right to ensure that we hold correct and up to date information. If you believe that any information we hold about is incorrect or out of date, please contact us at our registered address. We may need to ask you for further information and identification to help us to comply with this request.
- Finally, Doctap may from time to time contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
7. IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
- We may collect information about your hardware, including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to any businesses providing content on Doctap. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
- For the same reason, when you access Doctap, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your hardware.
8. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
- A cookie is a small text file containing anonymous information (letters and numbers) which acts as an identifier that will be sent by our server to your computer or mobile device when you visit Doctap.
- By allowing us to identify you, your user experience will be improved. For instance, Doctap will be able to remember your preferred settings, user name and preferences, saving you time each time you log in.
9. TYPES OF COOKIE
- ESSENTIAL COOKIES
- Some cookies are required to perform essential functions on Doctap. We use essential cookies for the purposes such as:
- to enable you to access private information for the duration of your visit;
- for the administration of our services; and
- to improve those services provided by us to you.
- We use a trusted third party payment processing service to process your payment to us and we do not store your credit/debit card information. When you book an appointment with DocTap a secure "token" is provided to us by our payment provider. This allows you to book your next appointment or pay for a blood test without having to enter your card details again. DocTap is not able to access any of your card information. Both DocTap and our card processing partners are PCI DSS compliant. Please email us at email@example.com if you would like your card details to be erased from our payment processing service.
- NON-ESSENTIAL COOKIES
- The table below explains the non-essential cookies we use and why
In our provision of services to you, we use both ‘essential’ and ‘non-essential’ cookies.
This keeps track of the number of times a visitor has been to the site, when their first visit was, and when their last visit occurred.
This is used to trottle the request rate.
This creates a timestamp of the exact moment when a visitor enters site.
This creates a timestamp of the exact moment when a visitor leaves the site.
This is used for reporting in Google Analytics classifying the visitor.
This is set by Google Maps when you load a map of our location.
Loc,uid/uit, psc,di/dt, atuc/bt/ssc/ssh/sshs/xtc
This allows users to share content via Social Networking and websites and emails.
10. BLOCKING COOKIES
- By using Doctap, you are consenting to our use of these non-essential cookies. If you do not consent to our using non-essential cookies you may opt to block the cookies by using the appropriate setting on your browser. For more information on how to disable cookies please see: www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Please note that blocking cookies could affect some of the services provided on our Site.
Company Number: 09518278